WHAT IS PERFORMATHON?
Help support Bloomingdale School of Music’s Scholarship Program, the core of our mission to provide open access to quality music education!
Our 2-week fundraising campaign, running May 22- June 6, gives BSM students the chance to upload their unique performance videos to their own fundraising page, share with family and friends, and ask them to donate to BSM’s scholarship fund in honor of their performance. Join us on June 6 for a culminating live event featuring student performance highlights, and a layered ensemble video finale. Hear live from BSM students how studying music at BSM has impacted their lives. Join the chat to celebrate BSM’s musical community from near and far!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Go to our host site here and click “I Want to Fundraise for This”
- Create a personal fundraising page, any time between May 22- June 6. Talk about why you love music and BSM on your page!
- Video record yourself performing a short piece (that you’ve prepared with your BSM teacher) and upload it to your personal fundraising page
- If you don’t have a youtube channel, email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org (
We’ll upload the video to our Performathon channel and send you the link to use on your fundraising page).
- You can also use the video link from your own personal youtube channel to share your video if you have one.
- Share with friends & family near and far and ask them to donate to BSM’s scholarship fund in honor of your performance!
- Share your page through social media too!
- Grand Prize: Win an Apple iPad! The student who raises the most wins an Apple iPad, 128 GB, and an Apple Care package. (Data plan NOT included). This prize will be shipped to the winner’s home.
- Second Place Prize: Win a pair of Apple AirPods Pro! The student who raises the second-highest amount wins a pair of Apple AirPods Pro. This prize will be shipped to the winner’s home.
WHY WE DO PERFORMATHON
Access to music education for all has been our hallmark since our founding over 50 years ago. We work with our students to eliminate barriers to quality music education. Financial aid is key in many cases. Over the past decade alone, Bloomingdale has awarded more than $2 million in tuition assistance and aided thousands of families. Our annual Performathon is a way for students to share the music and raise funds to support their peers and help provide access to all. For any questions or technical issues please feel free to email email@example.com.