The health and safety of our Bloomingdale community remain our number one priority. As a school community, we continue with our daily routines and believe that it’s important to stay vigilant and do what we can to provide the best opportunity to continue learning and working in a calm and safe environment.
After getting advice from medical experts and guidelines set forth by the CDC, NYS Department of Health, and the NYC Department of Health, Bloomingdale will continue to move forward with regularly scheduled lessons, classes, and events as planned. We will let you know immediately if that should change at any point in the future. We are currently evaluating all upcoming concerts, festivals, and special events and discussing whether or not to postpone or cancel at this time. More on that in the coming days.
In the meantime, we want to make sure that we are continuing to follow best practices when it comes to ensuring the health of our Bloomingdale community. We have increased our cleaning procedures and are keeping sanitizing wipes in classrooms for faculty to use in between lessons. Our custodial team will be disinfecting all doorknobs, light switches, pianos, keyboards, railings, and banisters on a regular basis.
As a reminder:
- If you are sick, please stay home. This includes staff, faculty, parents, and students. Bloomingdale will remain flexible to provide makeup lessons for those who cannot attend classes due to illness.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, do not attend Bloomingdale programs until cleared by a medical professional. Please inform the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can alert the faculty member and mark the absence as excused.
- If you, or someone with whom you’ve had close contact, has recently traveled to a CDC Level 2 or higher country (e.g., China, Iran, Italy, South Korea or Japan), we ask that you not attend Bloomingdale programs for a period of 14 days after such exposure or potential exposure to clear the incubation period for COVID-19.
- Additionally, if you feel ill or develop any symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath while on our premises, we ask that you leave the premises and then call the front desk 212-663-6021, ext. 0 and/or send an email to email@example.com.
- Please remember to wash your hands numerous times a day. There are restrooms located in the basement and 3rd and 4th floors for your convenience.
While we welcome all to our school, we understand that there are those who will be taking precautions as the situation evolves. Please contact us should you feel that now is not the right time for you to come to one of our programs or classes. Our faculty will remain flexible in terms of scheduling makeup lessons.
We thank you for your cooperation in following the policies described above during this challenging time, both for your own benefit and for the benefit of the hundreds of people whom we serve. We wish everyone the best as this situation continues to unfold. And, of course, as the situation evolves, we will continue to remain in contact with you.
Brandon Vazquez, Senior Director
(212) 663-6021 ext. 124